Sunday, December 12, 2010

Not quite my mother's recipe

Every Christmas as a child, my mom and I would make cut-out cookies.  We'd spend a whole evening mixing, baking and frosting; often to the wee hours of the morning.  The result: trays full of fun colored Holiday figures made of butter and sugar... my favorite.

It's been a number of years since my mom and I have gotten together to bake.  I think she'd ok with it though; she was never a fan of the mess.

Nowadays, I find myself using more whole ingredients.  Since we had a blizzard this weekend, I took some time to pull out my mom's old cookie recipe and threw in some of my own likes.

If I own cookie cutters, I don't know where they are, so I improvised with a glass.  And since food coloring doesn't seem to be present in my kitchen cupboards, I went with the natural theme.

Christmas Cut-out cookies made with wheat flour and raw sugar.

Delicious.  Well, they would have been better if I wouldn't have halved the frosting recipe, miscalculated and left out half the milk...

Oh, well.  Still tasty  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment