Monday, January 30, 2012

On the Counter Culturalism of the Kingdom of God

Lord, your greatness never seizes to amaze me.  The wisdom You have bestowed upon me is immense.

I asked of You, and You provide; time and time again.


You have given me eyes to see and hears to hear.  I now understand the recent trials and how I am to proceed.  It is humility over exaltation.

James 4
1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
___________________________________________________

Shall I speak up?  What is my motive to speak up?  Is is pure, or is it pride.

As I've heard it said:

Humility + Servant hood = Greatness

True greatness is taking the lowest place.  Lord I will follow the example You have laid out before me. 

Luke 14:11
Proverbs 29:23

No comments:

Post a Comment