Monday, January 30, 2012

On the Counter Culturalism of the Kingdom of God

Lord, your greatness never seizes to amaze me.  The wisdom You have bestowed upon me is immense.

I asked of You, and You provide; time and time again.


You have given me eyes to see and hears to hear.  I now understand the recent trials and how I am to proceed.  It is humility over exaltation.

James 4
1 Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
___________________________________________________

Shall I speak up?  What is my motive to speak up?  Is is pure, or is it pride.

As I've heard it said:

Humility + Servant hood = Greatness

True greatness is taking the lowest place.  Lord I will follow the example You have laid out before me. 

Luke 14:11
Proverbs 29:23

No comments:

Post a Comment