Monday, January 3, 2011

Garnet in Season

Something new this year from la Naváa is Birthstone jewelry.

January’s birthstone is the Garnet (Garnet also designated for the 2nd and 6th wedding anniversary). Some believe the word Garnet originated with the Latin granatum malum which means pomegranate. Fitting, huh?

While Garnets can be found in an array of colors, I decided to stay customary with my gem choices for my January Birthstone Line.


To open the line, I continued my Crandipity Collection. In addition to the original Crandipity Drop Necklace featuring cascading Garnet coins, I created a Signature piece. This will be a design style that you will see from la Naváa again in the future with other gems and crystals.


In addition to the Signature Crandipity Necklace, I created a Traditional look consisting of single 10mm wire-wrapped on Sterling Silver Figure Eight chain.




Due to their popularity, I also re-created the Crandipity Drop Earrings:



I’ve created yet another design with Garnet Gems to share with you. The second collection is a combination of January’s Garnet and Valentine’s Day. Red and hearts always seem to look so good together.


The Valentina Necklace, ending with yes, an “A” to add a hint of femininity, was created using hand-cut Garnet Gems in 3-4mm in size. You can see that hand-cut gems are slightly irregular adding a bit of intrigue.
To accompany the Garnet stones, I used beautiful Iceflake Quartz Crystals, appropriate for the winter season I thought.

The open-heart pewter pendant is a-symmetrical in style, which is why I decided to continue the irregular theme by tilting the bead placement; it adds to the dramatic affect this delicate necklace.
Accompanying the Valentina Necklace is Valentina earrings in both Garnet and Iceflake Quartz Crystals. The Garnet style, named for its look, Raspberry, consists of cascading Garnets clusters.



Valentina Ice Earrings have a similar look:


You will soon begin to see my shop populating with these Garnet designs for January.

With next month being February, perhaps a few Amethyst designs will soon follow!

A very happy new year to you!
Meg

1 comment: