Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good things come to those who wait

I have to start out with wow! It’s been crazy-busy lately. Well, actually this whole summer. Now that summer is over (which I have yet to accept) the craziness is carrying on into fall!

There’s been a lot on my plate that has taken me away from my passion; la Naváa. Both good things and no so good things have come about.

One good thing is that I’m back as Studio 213, as reported in an earlier blog. I’ve been making gift boxes like a mad women lately to fill my booth. I have a ton of ideas and themes rolling around in my head, but just not enough time to put them into creation.

Whenever I plan ahead a block of time to work on my projects, something always seems to come up. Housework, family, friends, work, etc; many things I cannot and would not put off. So I’m afraid the thing that suffers is my love, la Naváa. My heart aches a little. *tear*

Also with a saddened heart, I report that there was a death in my family recently. My Grandfather, who was in many ways like a father to me, passed away after a long battle with cancer. We weren’t aware he had been fighting cancer until just weeks before his death. The impact Grandpa had on our family was great, as we have such a small little family. I can say that his death has revealed a number of things to me; what I take away is strength. I thank the Lord everyday for the wonderful souls he has put in my life, and thank Him for the short time I’ve had with the ones he’s taken back.

We found so many wonderful pictures of Grandpa, from little on. I have stacks of pictures that I’d love to scan and create an online album for my family, and for me. Pictures, to me, are like a documentary of ones life; they are so meaningful and powerful. I’m also in the process of writing a blog about my grandpa’s life. We is a war hero, and my own personal hero. I would love to honor him somehow.

So many things, so little time. As for la Naváa, my focus these past months has been on my gift boxes. Originally, I started creating them as a little something special to accompany a newly purchased la Naváa jewelry piece. Speaking of which, it has been weeks since I made a single piece of jewelry! I’m hoping with the dull and drab months of winter approaching, I can change that. I have masses of new beads just waiting to be laced, wrapped, or strung.

With as busy as my life is right now, I cannot image what life would be like with children... How do you moms do it!? While I slightly fear those days, I am more excited for them to come. I need to find order in my already chaotic life before I enter the realm of motherhood. Good luck, right?!

Like I stated previously about the power of pictures, I know how important pictures are for the online artisan world. Good pictures that is. If I cannot take what I consider a quality pictures, I’m not going to do, let alone post it for the world to see. It’s quite possible my dear la Naváa Lovers that you may not see too many pictures in the next coming weeks. My time with the sun, the ultimate light, is limited; shorter days here in Wisconsin and my work schedule certainly is not helping. However, I’m hoping to have an indoor photography set-up soon with the help of a few more sales. Then I can share my new creations with you almost instantly!

They say “Good things come to those who wait.” Oh, how I wish patience was a virtue I posses! I hoping you will have patience with me la Naváa Lovers. Good things to come; I promise.


Much

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment